First up, there are a couple of small omissions in the written instructions for Milkweed, in Chart D. Rows 64 and 66 were missing a yo, and Row 68 was missing a k6. These have been corrected, and you can download another version on Ravelry called “MilkweedShawlJune18”. I tried to send out a notification from Ravelry, but I don’t think it worked! Anyway, the chart remains the same.
Now some photos of the prototype version that I actually knit first, out of Koigu.
I used 2 skeins and had very little leftover. This one is still a bit smaller than the Casbah one because the koigu is thinner.
It was a case of me thinking I could remember what I knit after the fact to write the pattern, when I really couldn’t! So I ended up knitting up the Casbah one and writing down the pattern row by row as I went.
I really love the Koigu version for the colours and the squishyness (yay garter stitch), but the pattern is somewhat obscured.