Sorry to keep you guys in suspense! I really thought I’d written that I’m using my handspun for the top-down cardigan from my last post – I dyed it as well. It’s a two ply merino, and I’m just hoping to have enough for a sort of croppedish cardi with maybe half or three-quarter length sleeves. I’ve got about 2.5 skeins, and I used 1 whole one for the yoke.
I’m not sure whether this one will be written up, although I am considering working up a TDR spreadsheet that would give you numbers for your own sweater based on your gauge and measurements. We’ll see! There’s so many other TDR resources out there, so I don’t want to be redundant!
I’ve got just way too much on the needles these days, I knit and knit and don’t feel like I’m ever getting anything done! Case in point, this sweater:
(It’s darker than in the photo.) It’s a bottom-up, seamless set-in sleeve cardigan a la EZ (Knitting Workshop) in Handmaiden Casbah. I used silver grey yarn for the inside of the hem and chocolate brown for the rest of the sweater.
The body is done and the yoke is alllllmost done. I’ve stalled out a bit because I need to think for a few minutes on how to proceed on the back neck. I cast on the sleeves provisionally and joined them for the yoke after about an inch – since I’m unsure how far my yarn will go and I don’t want to run out in the yoke! So after the yoke is done I’ll pick up the sleeve stitches and work them back down to the cuffs.
The thing about this sweater is that it’s a seasonal one – I’m planning to do just a couple (probably one big and two small) snowflakes on the shoulder. As you can see, there’s nothing there yet, because I tried using intarsia and it looked like ass. The design is just too sparse and non-block-like to keep the edges neat. So duplicate stitch it is!
But the snowflakes mean I really should finish this one in the next two weeks or so for maximum wearbility. I’ll wear it in January and February too, but before Christmas would be nice.