back on track

After a while of severe non-progress around here, I’ve finally got some things to show!

Trekking Socks
Pattern: basic sock on 64 stitches, short row heel, regular toe
Yarn: Trekking XXL 100
Needles: Clover 2.0 mm dpn
Finished: March 24, 2006

Took awhile to get them done – they were the on-the-go project. But look at those colours!

New gadget – a Weavette handloom! I tried one out at work last week and it was so addictive, I had to get one – I got the 6×6 square.

I’ve done 2 squares with fleece artist sock yarn leftovers. They’re making an awesome plaid pattern! I’ve got enough left for maybe one more square. Think of the leftover possibilities…

Even more fibre-y fun: new yarns!

Blue-face leicester, 2ply, 210 yards. I wasn’t sure about the colours in this one (I dyed the roving beforehand) but I actually really like the result! It’s springy; yellow and yellow-y green, with some pinky bits as well.

Watermelon-coloured bfl singles. You know, I’m never sure about singles. I put a bit more twist in this skein than I thought I should for singles, but they still feel a bit…unsubstantial. Perhaps I need to try a mroe worsted technique for less airy yarn when doing singles.

Fleece Artist-dyed wool/silk (65/35) 2ply. It’s a honking skein – 640 yards! And oh so soft and shiny. Mmmmmmmm.

That’s it for today – I’ve got another FO that I’m saving for tomorrow!

And thanks for everyone who participated in my survey – I’m closing it up now, and will draw for a gifty sometime this week. Those that left their surveys in the comments that are begin held for moderation – I won’t be approving them (so they won’t show up with your name) but I did get them! Thanks!

dang.

The camera batteries died just as I had a bunch of things to show! Coming up tomorrow: new yarns, a new gadget, and maybe even an FO…

wee

I finished the flower basket shawl and cast off tonight; it’s pretty little but I’m positive I’ll be able to get a useable size when it’s blocked.

I guesstimated how many repeats I could do with the yarn I had (by guesstimated I mean I stopped when I was bored!). I was lucky – this is what I had left after casting off.

I really couldn’t have done another repeat! Well, okay, maybe I could have, but it would have been really, really close.

Finally, here’s a finished Dreamcatcher sleeve to show you. I’m a couple of inches into the other one.

I still haven’t touched the finishing on the cable/rib cardigan – the fronts and back are sort of blocking now (spritzed rather than full immersion). I’ll block the whole thing again once it’s done – hopefully this weekend.