Month: March 2006

  • swatching

    Thanks for all your suggestions re: the cable/rib situation. I think what I’ve decided to do for now is to reknit the sleeve cap, block that sleeve and see how it turns out. If it’s fine, I’ll do the second sleeve; if it’s not, I’ll rip and reknit both sleeves. In the meanwhile, I’ve been […]

  • problem-o

    The body of the cable/rib cardi looks super! Problem: the sleeves. They are a) too big to fit into the armhole and b) too big for me. Solution: rip back a couple of the increases, go straight, then figure out a new sleeve cap. Problem: the sleeve has alreading been washed and blocked. The reknit […]

  • FO numba two

    Oooh, a flower basket! Flower Basket Shawl Pattern: by Evelyn A. Clark, Interweave Knits Fall 2004 Yarn: my handspun 2ply wool/silk; roving dyed by fleece artist Needles: Denise US 6 Finished: March 25, 2006 Aw, it’s so pretty! I really do love this shawl. I ended up doing 9 repeats of the main basket pattern […]