no time

Argh! It’s down to the crunch, in terms of school and all that. So very many things to do..

I received my package from Camilla Valley Farm – two cones of 8/8 cotton, 1 pound of 4/8 mercerized cotton.

Unfortunately, the brown isn’t what I was hoping for so I’m going to return it for another colour (and I got the shade cards, so now I can actually see the colours!).

But it’s all about scale:

A 1/3 lb cone of mercerized cotton next to my standard-size organic goat’s milk lip balm. Tiny, eh? I wasn’t expecting that, but so long as the yardage is correct, it’s a-ok!

Apparently Stephanie’s delusion about the proportions of one’s feet and where the heel and toe are in relation to each other is contagious, because

See the needle there? Yeah, I’d started making the heel. Hrmph. Anyway, I ripped it back, and did a heel based on the pattern “Priscilla’s Dream Socks” but it kind of looked like crap.

Although I’m surprised that my camera even managed to capture such a close view, it doesn’t really show how the heel looked – the yos created really loose stitches. So I ripped again, and did a short-row heel with wraps – it looks much better. So now I can finally get moving on the rest of the sock.

we have sleeve

Two sleeves, actually. This pic’s better for the colour…although it’s a bit darker in real life.

I also started a most yummy sock, one that can actually travel with me (unlike the blue ones on Lantern Moons – they were 2.25 mm, by the way).

They’re Koigu Kersti, on 3.5 mm needles, destined to be knee socks if I have enough yarn (we’ll see). They are so nice and cushy, and should be fast, too!

Tonight at SnB I shall work on the sleeve of the Corset Pullover and try to get it done. I need to knit it to match the other one (which I screwed up the twisted ribbing on, but you can’t tell) so I should probably pay attention on that one…

slim

That might be what you need to be to wear this sweater – which I am decidely not. All I can say is, I hope it shrinks a lot lengthwise but not widthwise. The bust fits fine, it’s over the stomach and hips that it may not be too flattering…oh well, time will tell.

I was, however, referring to my yarn supply.

I should have enough for the remaining sleeve, lace edging (it’s only 2 pieces, 4 rows each) and a swatch to wash up for seaming with.

I did a three-needle bindoff on the shoulders (love that shortrow shoulder) and tried it on for length. I made it longer on purpose for the shrinkage factor, but the armscye might still be a little bit too long. So I’m going to wash the front+back and sleeves separately, then see how it looks. If the armscye is still too long it won’t be such a huge hassle to undo the bindoff and shorten it a bit.