Whoops, been a few days, hm? Well rest assured I haven’t been slacking! I’ve been studying (I have two significant-weight quizzes this week as well as an assignment due), spinning (still haven’t taken photos of some other finished yarns) and knitting (titbits, and a new Charlotte’s Web – more on that later). I don’t even really ahve time to write this, but who needs sleep, right?
Which brings me to my next point – since I don’t have much of anything new to show you, how about my Knitting Olympics project? I haven’t actually signed up officially – Kelly, send me an invite?
Let me warn you – it’s, uh, ambitious. I really am off my rocker.
(There’s a fabulous finished one here.)
“Limerick” by Louisa Harding, from Rowan 28. A few things…
1. No beads. (You can’t even see them in the photo, eh? It called for 2500 beads, prestrung!)
2. The yarn it calls for is Rowan DK soft, long discontinued – with a gauge of 26 stitches/10 cm. The smallest size is 44″.
3. Therefore, I’m going to use fingering weight yarn, Louet Gems Pearl (freshly ordered) and aim for a gauge of 7.5 stitches/inch. Should give me a 39″ or so sweater, which is workable.
4. Knitting back and forth? NO THANKS. I’ll be modifying this to be a seamless raglan.
5. I have a big test on the 14th, and an assignment due on the 15th. Takes knitting time away.
6. However, I have reading week the following week (20-24th). Adds knitting time, but there might be other things I want to do during that week.
Sooooooo. One more thing.
6. I don’t really expect to finish this in 16 days. BUT (and don’t tell me that’s not the Olympic spirit!), I intend to try my damndest! I’ll definitely be swatching beforehand to get a feel for the pattern and will probably try doing one-handed stranding (Nordic memories was two-handed, but really haphazard since the CC stitches weren’t every often).
(Yeah, I’m SO nuts.)