I managed to finally, FINALLY finish the yoke of my brown Casbah sweater – it’s taken me so many rips to work this out!
This is the bottom-up set in sleeve from Knitting Workshop, and it fits! No fault of EZ’s that I had to rip so many times, I just clearly wasn’t paying enough attention or y’know, planning ahead. For those that wondered, I’m attempted to knit this sweater with 3 skeins of Handmaiden Casbah (heavy fingering weight merino, cashmere, and nylon). I’m knitting it at quite a loose gauge, 6 stitches per inch, and I’ve used up just two skeins of it to the end of the yoke. So I’ve got one skein to do the button bands and then knit both sleeves as long as I can get!
Some more of this colour, although it’s a bit different seeing as how it’s handdyed, came into the store a few weeks ago so I just might opt to do the button bands in that and use the rest of the matching yarn to do the sleeves. I’m a big fan of 3/4 length sleeves anyway, so we’ll see how it works out!
I also finished up those socks that were going so quickly before:
They’re knit with Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Sock (which is one of my favourites!) in Cedar, 68 stitches on 2mm needles, top down, heel flap. They’re for a gift, and although they went so fast at first (I knit the first sock in only 2 days) they slowed down a bit and I finished the pair in maybe a week and a half or two weeks, something like that.
Of course, for all the knitting success, there’s always some downside! This handspun sweater wasn’t working out, so I finally ripped it.
Of course, since it was all striped, that means that I ended up with wee little balls of yarn – oh well. I’m sure they’ll find something else to live as.
For now they’re just sitting prettily!