The progress as of this morning.
Not much, hm? Well, what you don’t see is the two complete rounds I had to tink due to a screwup with the colours – that’s over FIVE HUNDRED STITCHES I had to undo! In the dim light of a bar amidst lots of drunken knitters! Come to think of it, maybe that’s why I had to undo…
Anyway, I managed to get back on track and even make some forward progress. Slow, yes, but I’m getting into it – I’m even managing to throw with my right hand without having to take my hand off the needle, sometimes.
I did schoolwork most of today so I couldn’t knit (I was typing), but I did cast on for a sleeve…speaking of which, how big are Rowan models’ wrists? I know I have tiny little girl wrists, but still…
I’m even doing a way smaller gauge, dude. Oh well, I’m cool with a bit cuff. Just wonderin’ is all. I did manage some tv (aka knitting) time this evening so I’m done the first motif and onto the second. The rest of the chart looks quite a bit faster than that first motif – at least, that’s what I’m telling myself. Plus I’m always double-checking my colours now to ward off any negative progress.
Something I finished Thursday: new yarn! Neapolitan ice cream yarn!
180 yards of navajo-plied merino goodness. And I’ve got tons more of this yarn on the way, so i might even be able to make something sweatery out of it. Once this whole Olympic thing is done, of course.
Evidence that I really should only be working on Limerick – when I dumped out my knitting bag today (which contained Limerick and the second Ultramerino sock on the needles) this is what I found:
Eek! Not one but TWO of my casein needles broke. And I don’t have any other 3mm dpns. I’ll have to buy some next week, but clearly, it was a sign.
ETA: about the sleeves. The problem may have been exaggerated in the photo – I just looked at it again and it’s really not that bad.