My beret, it is done!
Pattern: my own; basic beret at 7 spi
Needles: 3mm circ and dpn
Koigu KPPPM for the ribbed brim – about 10g (35 yards)
Laceweight merino/silk, held double – about 35g (almost 400 yards)
I did about 4 inches of straight stockinette after the hat increases for a medium-slouchy hat.
When I saw this laceweight at Rhinebeck I knew it’d be a great match for some Koigu I had in the stash! The ribbed brim in wool gives the edge some stability (so it won’t fall off) but the body of the hat is nice and drapey and light thanks to the merino/silk.
This hat took me about 5 days – I started on Friday and finished off last night. I love the finer gauge for a lighter hat. The slouchy beret is one of very few types of hat that looks good on me so I need to add some new ones for this winter!
And I love concentric circle decreases.