I made a batch of these over the weekend and they were so good I wanted to share the recipe with you. I’m not going to pretend these are good for you, but everyone needs a treat!
Banana Oat Chocolate Chip Muffins
1.5 cups flour (I used unbleached all-purpose)
1 cup rolled oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup buttermilk (I love buttermilk, but regular milk would be fine as well)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large ripened bananas, mashed
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 F and line muffin tins.
2. Combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl until well mixed.
3. In a large bowl, mix the eggs and both sugars together until just combined. Add the buttermilk, butter, vanilla and the mashed banana and stir to mix.
4. Add dry ingredients all at once and stir together until almost combined. Add chocolate chips and stir just until everything is moistened, but don’t over mix.
5. Spoon into prepared muffin cups and bake at 375F, about 25 minutes for regular sized muffins or 18-20 minute for minis. Tops should be risen and golden, and a toothpick inserted into the muffin should come out clean (except for melted chocolate!).
This ended up making a dozen regular-sized muffins and plus about 15 minis.
Leave a Reply