What I’ve been working on for a little while:
A knit sundress, out of SWTC’s Beyond (discontinued) cotton – I ran out before it was really long enough for me, so I added a strip of my handspun silk at the bottom! (This photo is before the straps were added, by the way.)
The skirt doesn’t have many increases; I just changed needle sizes bigger and bigger as I went down the skirt. Makes for a nice swingyness!
The top/bodice is just a simple tube, knit double-stranded from side to side, and drop waist – it actually holds things in pretty nicely. I’ve attached the straps today, and wove in all the ends, so it should be out and in action tomorrow! It’s really quite comfortable and flattering. I might add a few decorative buttons, I’m not sure yet.
Leave a Reply