Now that the camera’s fully charged, it’s a glut of photos!
I finished the first tier (of three) of the koigu skirt!
There’s a difference between the skeins I’ve used so far; three of the hexagons are darker than the others of this size. Doesn’t matter much to me, though. It’ll all work out.
But, there’s a slightly bigger problem – this:
See those 4 rows of stockinette? They’re three-needle bound off with right sides together, putting the bulgy bit on the back – see?
But those rows look weird among the garter stitch. Funnily enough, just as I was resizing that photo, I figured out how to fix it – pick up the stitches with the wrong side facing (rather than the right side) and do the three-needle bind off the same way I did. D’oh. I’ll try doing that on the next hexagon, and if it works out I’ll have to undo all these ones and redo them. Maybe.
Meanwhile, Katy’s hanging out and I’m super excited! It’s just the sweater I want to be wearing under my jean jacket on the cool days (supposed to be dipping below 10C by the end of the week!).
In other sweater news, I’ve also finally picked up the stitches around the neck of Cloud and I’m just finishing it off. Should be done tonight, but then it needs a blocking before the final reveal.
I’ve got a lasagna in the oven – gotta run!
Leave a Reply