I’ve spent almost all today in bed, and not in a good way – I’m sick, despite all my efforts to remain otherwise. I’m not even particularly runny or cough-y (although my throat is a bit scratchy), but I just feel like crap. Achy, weak, I didn’t even pick up my needles until just a little while ago. Hopefully this won’t last long!
I’ve got a few projects I want to finish up before the Knitting Olympics kick off – first of all, the second of this pair of socks for the boy…
Luckily his feet are about the same size as mine, so the second one (hopefully) won’t take too long. I’m ambitious as usual, of course – I also want to finish that blue cabled pullover – I’m pretty much done the body, and a sleeve, with half a sleeve and the yoke left to go.
I started this Ultramerino sock (for me!) at the store on Friday, but it’s ok if these don’t get done before the Olympics start.
A bit of spinning content today as well – when I finally did manage to get out of bed for a bit, I finished spinning up the Fleece Artist silk brick that I bought a while back. It isn’t as even as the Fleece Artist wool/silk, but I still love it. It’s two ply, thick and thin hovering around worsted weight, and I haven’t measured the yardage yet – it’s drying now.
To answer a question from Chris in the comments, I put multiple skeins on the swift, then wound them off one at a time – less up-and-down fiddling with the swift!