First off, thank you to everyone who left a kind comment on Serrano! I’m very pleased with how it all came out in the time that I had to work on it (about a month to design and knit everything). I hope to see lots of them popping up in blogland!
I’d really wanted to do a yarn substitution post for it tonight, but alas the photos came out…crappy. I’ll have to take them again in the daylight, so it might be another day or two.
School’s started – I had two classes today. Intense. Yeah, that’s it.
I was knitting away on the back of the Sienna cardigan, and reached the beginning of the armhole shaping when I decided to take count. I surprised myself a bit by discovering I’d cast on for the 40″ sweater! I really thought I was doing the 36″. But as it turns out, my gauge is tighter and it’s coming out to be just about 37″, which would be just right. I’ve actually been thinking that I’ve been making my sweaters perhaps a touch on the small side – maybe it’s time for a few bigger ones. After all, some of the sweaters I wear most often (such as the Must Have Cardigan, which I wear SO much in the winter) are a bit bigger.
Still chipping away at the work knitting. And dyeing…lots of dyeing, mainly for the store. I really need an army of crockpots behind my lonely one – I think I’ll be hitting up the closest Goodwill this weekend, since I can drive there and not have to lug a crockpot home on the subway!
I really really want to cast on for something new. Alas, the pile of work grows and I really need to concentrate on what I’ve got, I think.