First off the top, my OSW modifications by popular demand –
– I changed the gauge from 16 sts/4″ to 20 sts/4″ (row gauge was the same as the pattern)
– I think I probably did a few more increase rows than given
– sleeves: I joined the sleeve stitches into a round where you’re supposed to do the seed stitch border – obviously I didn’t do that. I placed a marker under the arm and decreased 1 stitch on either side, every 6th row, until I liked the size – I think that was 9 times.
– I did 2×2 rib on the cuffs.
That’s about it for that!
In yarn news…yes, I’m still on a diet. BUT, as a yarn diet to me is more about saving money than rejecting more yarn, I can’t possibly reject yarn that I don’t actually output money for…
So. Blue Sky Alpacas cotton, in a rusty red, enough for a pullover.
I really wasn’t totally, completely sold on the colour, but I can still think about it. I might switch it for the blue –
I also got a wee bit o’ lorna’s laces, in “Irving Park”.
And, well, as for the Jacke en Blueberry, I got through 2 repeats of the chart when I realized that I’d cast on for the wrong size – I was planning to do the larger size at a smaller gauge, but I cast on for the smaller size at a small gauge! Very small! So I had to rip it all out and start again.
This was Tuesday night, after I ripped. I’m almost back up to where I was. Here’s hoping for some forward progress!