I finished the back of the Rowanspun jacket today – I think the fronts will go pretty darn quick, and I’ve got a cool idea for the sleeves.
I think I’ve found a good, interesting project for the next little while (well, once I get some other things done, maybe). It’s the mermaid mesh tunic from Interweave (scroll down). I think I’ll do it in the Jaeger Trinity I bought from the beautiful erin in her ebay stash sale. I should have enough; it calls for 5 x 184 yards, and I’ll have 4 x 218 – plus, I’m going to make it both shorter and smaller.
In the meanwhile, I figure it’s as good a time as any to get some things done for the Dulaan Project so Joyce can send out a box in a few weeks. Here’s some handspun I’m going to use:
And some lamb’s pride bulky leftovers – I love the colours together, so maybe I’ll combine them for a sweater or a couple of stripey hats.
My goal is to knit all this up, if not more! I’ve already started a sweater out of the melon-coloured handspun. It was my first wheel-spun yarn (on Denny’s little gem), corriedale, bulky as all get-out. Also my first dyeing experience – kool-aid in the microwave. There’s actually a third little skein of the yarn as well. So far this top-down raglan is looking super! I’ve already separated for the body, so it’s damn quick knitting, too.
I think it’s tiring out my hands a bit due to the bulkiness – and it’s not even that bulky, I’m using 6.5 mm needles – so I’ll take it easy. It’s so cute and small, it’ll be done quick anyway!