I started a new sweater, out of Blue Sky Alpacas cotton, inspired by “Simply Marilyn” from last spring’s Interweave (pattern is available free here). Inspired by, only, because I’ve got a different gauge, slightly different cable, difference construction, ribbing, etc. Much planning was involved to figure out how I could get the centre cable to come out of the ribbing, while having the total number of stitches be somewhere in my range.
With 11 stitches to go on my long-tail cast-on, I ran out of yarn.
And well, my carefully planned ribbing still didn’t quite work out, but it was close enough. Smooth sailing now, and it’s just lovely.
Since it’s the perfect autumn colour and style, I’m going to go with “simply autumn”. It’s a quick knit with aran weight yarn, the chunkiest I’ve used in awhile. I want to start another sweater, chunkier than this one, soon – but I’ll have to finish something else first.
I finally managed to weave in all the ends on Cloud, so as soon as I find time to knit the neckband we’ll be in business. Oh, and those irving park socks are pretty much done – just one bout of kitchener and some weaving in of ends. Hm, now I need to cast on for some more socks for commuter knitting!
The fact that the yarn cake of blue sky cotton, sitting on my desk, has remained pristine is an endless source of amusement – I’m feeling rather stressed at the moment with school, you see. It’s going to get worse long before it gets better!