Since I don’t have much else to say, how about a rundown of current WIPs (shouldn’t that be WsIP?) and planned future projects.
Silky Raglan – I finished one sleeve tonight, with less than two balls of the grey! I’ve just started the front (or back), so I’ll see how it goes with the yarn amount. I can always unravel my swatch…
Vera Knee Socks – I put the first, incomplete sock on waste yarn so I can start the second one, but have I? Nahhh.
Star Gazer Lily socks – I’m past the heel turn on the first sock. Meh.
Modular skirt (aka Koigu Skirt) – I’m done the first tier, and am done 6 of 9 hexagons from the third tier. It’s really good subway knitting, as I can do about one and a bit sections of the hexagon per ride. I’m going to use the brown Knitpicks Palette for my contrast colour; although it’s not merino, the colour is perfect.
Katy – One more sleeve seam, a couple ends, and I’m done, done!
Planned future projects
– black cashmere mistake rib scarf
– black pullover, possibly glampyre’s v-neck pullover
– Patons Urban Aran, as a cardigan, out of Elann Highland Chunky from last year.
– Nordic mittens from Interweave (here’s an awesome example)…I wanted to use the brown Palette for the main colour, but since I’m using the ball I have for the skirt, I’ll have to order more (darn!). I’ll do that when I order the yarn for the next project…
– Nordic Memories pullover from Interweave.
I think I’m going to use Knitpicks Merino style, in similar colours (Hollyberry and some kind of yellow…I’ll have to go look at the colour cards).
Other projects I’m thinking of:
– cabled riding jacket from loop-d-loop, in cascade ecowool (already have the yarn)
– some kind of cabled sweater out of Shelridge Farm W4
– socks, socks, lots of socks!
– presents…maybe just a few this year.
Whew, looks like I’ve got projects for the next couple months! There’ll surely be something shiny and new that I’ll just haaave to knit, but for now I’ll keep all this in mind!