Awwwww, thank you guys so much for all your encouraging comments to my last post! I suspect my frustration my have had something to do with a lack of time to work on it and therefore see progress. I’ve had some time the last few days though, so I’m now up to almost 3 repeats (13 inches) of sleeve and am in the third repeat of the body – that last shot showed 2 repeats of sleeve and 1 repeat of body. I’ve switched to a 40 cm circ for the sleeve, so now I don’t have to fight with the magic loop, but I’m concentrating on the body – I’m going to get that done this weekend, dammit!
I do seem to be very good at making the very same mistake multiple times – using pewter instead of charcoal in the first few rows of that big motif. Hrmph.
One thing I’m a bit worried about is getting the sleeve and body onto one needle. I was hoping to get the 100 cm version of this needle (garnstudio bamboo – LOVE THEM, but obviously they’re discontinued; it figures) when I went in to get the 40 cm one, but no cigar. I might have to split the stitches and do some kind of two circs thing when I get there.
I don’t have any pics of limerick today, but I do have another amusing photo – I asked megan to order me some Eucalan, and this is what I got:
In case you can’t see it, it says 135 fl. oz./4 L! FOUR LITRES OF WOOLWASH! Considering how much washing of clothing and yarn I do, it’s certainly economical. No more worrying about running out….for a long, long time.