Pattern: Debbie Bliss’ “Cotton Angora” book
Yarn: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece, off-lot Cavern (dark brown/purple instead of black) bought from eBay, 5 skeins
Needles: Denise US7
Started: September 18, 2005
Finished: October16, 2005
Just under a month later (and among many other projects), Katy is finally done! She’s a beaut, and no flashdance neckline either!
– The knitting was super-easy. Mostly just straight, with cable crosses every other right side row.
– I cabled without a needle.
– I sort of followed Alison’s adjustments on how to make the neckline smaller. I did one additional decrease in the armscye to set the sleeves in further; I lengthened the body a bit; I left fewer stitches across the back neck for the collar, effectively making the shoulders wider; in the front, I stopped the decreases when the shoulders matched the back.
– Three-needle bindoff for the shoulders, mattress stitch everywhere else (even setting in the sleeves was painless!)
– Although the pattern is a big chunky due to all the cables, since I used thinner yarn it’s not too bulky.
On a competely different note, check out these awesome colour cards I got from AmiAmi (and they were FREE):
My favourite is “Faith”, it’s soooo soft. I’ll definitely be buying some..sometime.