finished things

The red socks…

More shots (just because I like these photos):

Red Knee Socks
Pattern: my own, toe up
Yarn: Koigu Kersti, red, 3 skeins
Needles: 3.5 mm Garnstudio bamboo circular
Started: March 29, 2005
Finished: April 6, 2005

They’re quite tight in the leg, but I think that’s a good thing – they’ll stay up! I did a normal bindoff, but it wasn’t stretchy enough so I did a sewn bindoff. It looks like ass when the sock isn’t on, but who’s going to see that? Anyway, I did one ball’s worth of each sock, then split the last ball by working from both ends of the skein. I ended up with just a few yarns left over. I think they’re pretty awesome! I may put up the pattern sometime.

Oh, and I’ve got another finished object as well…first, a triumph:

The sleeve cap fit *perfectly* into the armhole. I usually have to ease all this way and that, but this one was spot on. Ahhhh. Anyway, enough stalling, eh?

The length is right, the armholes fit, the body is reallly good (and tight but not tooo tight), and the cotton shrunk up and actually does kind of hold things in…but. The neckline was ENORMOUS. Maybe I just don’t have broad shoulders, or maybe that’s why the model is posed weirdly, but seriously, it was just falling off. After much experimenting, I think for now I’m doing this:

Ribbon threaded through the neckline and tied in the back. Gives the neckline a rather ruffled look when cinched in, but I think it fits with the look. Another option was lacing up the back neckline (like a corset, heh) but then the center back neck did this weird bulgy thing. Ah well. Modelled pics tomorrow!



, ,




Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *