The ribby is soooooo. close. to being done. I worked on it at SnB this afternoon and when I got home, as well. The front bands are done (I opted for seed stitch buttonbands), I did a three-needle bind-off under the arms, and even some of the ends are in. I’ve still got a few inches to do on the collar, though – about 3 inches. And then I need buttons. But I really need to get some work done, so I’ll finish it up a little later on tonight.

I got the pattern for Lara today, but I’ve decided on a goal – if I get two presents done, I can cast on for her. I’ll have to do some fiddlin’ though, because although my stitch gauge is fine, my row gauge is compressed (more rows per inch). So I’ll have to convert the given number of rows to work to inches, then count my rows to get there and write them down for consistency.

No work on any Christmas presents the last 2 days or so. My youngest sister has changed her mind, and now she wants a skirt instead of socks. Which is good actually, I’m more likely to finish the skirt sooner. It’s going to be out of Naturelle 8/8 in…I think it was “Denim” (which I had wanted to use for a “family tunic” from “Weekend Knitting”, but oh well), drawstring, with a leaf lace pattern at the bottom. I’ll probably start that, and possibly my dad’s scarf, tomorrow.

Leave a Reply