So I finally got everything to set myself up for dyeing, and went for it!
Here’s my set-up. On the left in the white bin are my jars of stock solution, and on the right is my corriedale which had been soaking overnight – 2 4 oz sections.
The dye in plastic squeeze bottles (which were surprisingly difficult to find, for some reason). For this experiment I left them all as 1% solutions.
I followed the directions at the Dye Pot, but I added vinegar to each layer rather than pouring it over the top. I used red, yellow and blue Cushings dyes, and I only did 4 oz because I didn’t want to screw up! Stay tuned for the exciting conclusion…all I can say is, the rest of my fibre better show up soon, because I am ADDICTED.
In the meanwhile, I’ve been working on finishing up Spencer! So close!
I’ve finished the bottom ribbing now, and am working on the button bands.
Here’s hoping all are safe and sound.
Leave a Reply