The pain and any surface marks from the burn went away pretty quickly, and I’ve set my sights on finishing the crocheted herringbone skirt.
I’m farther along now, with just a few inches to go on one of the pieces. The other piece is about halfway done as well. The pattern, just as a reminder, is from the Fall 2007 issue of Knitscene.
I had four skeins of the yarn (silky wool) in my stash to start with – the pattern calls for eight. I crocheted two balls each of the front and back while waiting for more yarn to come. I knew it’d be a different dyelot, of course.
It does show (the new yarn is brighter) but luckily, it’s at a point where it looks perhaps intentional – pretty much right where the increasing for the flare begins. So I’m okay with it. I ordered five extra skeins (so nine total), and I think I’ll only need seven. Maybe I’ll make it a little longer, since I’m not planning on doing the mini ruffle at the bottom.
And now, a different type of (almost) FO:
I grew that! A HUGE tomato, heartland variety. Those aren’t kid-hands, either! It’s not quiiiiite ripe, but I picked it anyway under the strong urging of a garden-neighbour, because it is almost ripe, was at the front of the garden (easily accessible), and because it is big – don’t want to risk someone coming along and yoinking it! I’ll give it a day or two in the kitchen to ripen up before the ritual devouring.