The photos kind of suck – sorry about that.
But onward! First the dyeing debacle. I wanted to try varigated sock yarn in all one colour, by not stirring the pot with the yarn in it. So I put in some Copenhagen blue and some regular ol’ Blue, and I heated it up, and added my yarn.
This is what I got:
Mostly blue, yes; but with lots of pink spots. It’s even more evident on the other side of the skein…
The dye broke weirdly, eh? I wasn’t expecting that. I figure I’ll probably knit something up, and if I don’t like the colour I can always over-dye the finished project. But now I’ve got these
…so I can finally break out of the primary-colour mode. I’m going to try and pick up a cheap steamer rack tomorrow and try some hand-painting, then steaming in the Crock-pot.
As a consequence, my personal knitting productivity has taken somewhat of a dive. But I think I’ve achieved some semblance of balance between the two, so I’m almost done the body of the black raglan. I’m hoping to do the sleeves this weekend – I need wool sweaters, man. I actually only have 3 that I wear, and i can’t wear the Must Have *every* day.
I finished the black cashmere scarf and am still working away on the brioche scarf (which I also need badly), but the pictures were crappy. So more on these later.
Back to the books!